Our studio was born after careful consideration, out of love for printing, card stock and paper, colors and art.
We had a huge interest in letterpress for a good chunk of time, but only recently decided to open a studio of our own. Our love for paper and card stock goes a long way back having a 10 years working experience in this field. At the beginning of 2013 we finally decided to offer our skills and services in die cutting and also opened our first online shop – Funky Box Studio. Our timid attempt to turn our hobby into a small business had a greater response than we ever expected. Therefore, we continued to successfully make and sell card stock boxes of all shapes and sizes, gift tags, coasters, envelopes and other various die cuts until this day and we will keep carrying on with this activity.
Encouraged by the success of Funky Box Studio and the digitally printed table numbers that we sell there, we opened Funky Print Studio. Here we make personalized stationery, wedding invitations, baby shower invitations and various events cards.
We letterpress print on an Original Heidelberg Platen windmill from circa 1960, die cut on a vintage Russian die cutting machine, use a Schimanek guillotine for paper cutting and a Pescha hole punching machine. We do our very best to revive antique machinery and printing processes in order to create impressive details that will be treasured for a long time.
Meet The Team:
The people behind Funky Print Studio are husband and wife
Daniel & Andreea.
Daniel has been working and gaining experience in print houses for over a decade while at the same time sharing his knowledge and passion with Andreea.
They are constantly learning, improving and trying their best to bring back centuries old printing processes, instruments and machinery.
Daniel and Andreea look forward to working with you!
1. LETTERPRESS PRINTING
a) Card stock:
– Keaykolour Original Snow White – 450gsm / 600gsm
– Keaykolour Original China White – 450gsm / 600gsm
– Keaykolour Original Biscuit – 450gsm / 600gsm
– Cordenons Creative Wild – 450gsm / 600gsm
– Notturno black – 450gsm / 700gsm
– Grey papier mache
– duplexed kraft – 600gsm
These would be the usual card stocks we work with, but we can use other color cards as well (navy blue, burgundy, peach, hot pink, grey).
b) Sending artwork
– only vector files – Corel Draw, Illustrator, Indesign, grouped and converted to curves. Please do not send .jpeg files, .psd, .png, screenshots or hand-drawn files as we can not use them
c) Turnaround time
– our turnaround time is between 2 – 3 weeks from sign-off of design to leaving the package at the post office / courier.
* The design step of the process should take about 4 – 5 days, depending on rapidity of mail answering, the client’s rapidity in decisions making and other unforeseeable events
* The actual production of the items takes between 2 – 3 weeks
* Shipping time depends on the client’s location and chosen shipping method
d) Minimum orders
– for business cards the minimum order is 100 pieces
– for wedding invitations, baby shower invitations, various events invitations, RSVPs, save the dates, business note cards the minimum order is 50 pieces
e) Additional services for letterpress printing
– double sided printing
– edge painting
– rounded corners
– blind impression
2. HOT FOIL PRINTING
- silver foil, gold foil, copper foil, metallic blue foil, metallic red foil, transparent foil – the most commonly used
- yes! we can hot foil print on black card stock
3. DIE CUTTING
– cutting card stock in whatever shape and size using custom dies
– cutting, folding, perforating, drilling, hole punching
For more detailed information please visit FAQ & Terms.