Funky Box Studio‘s best selling boxes of 2015 are none other than our square little boxes with lid for jewelry. It was actually no surprise for us that they’d do this well. We had a bunch of people asking for boxes with lid, so we finally have them in several different sizes:
1. Our best selling – boxes with lid of 7.5 x 7.5 x 3 cm
Just like all the boxes in our shop, they can come in white, grey or natural brown kraft. They’re perfect for jewelry, small trinkets, brooches, to be used as party favors or any other small gifts. They’re easily personalized using washi tape, ribbons, stickers etc., and that also has a lot to do with their popularity.
4. Larger boxes with lid – 16 x 15 x 6 cm and 15 x 13 x 6 cm
These ones are not yet listed in our etsy shop. They’re a bit problematic to list actually. Since they’re large and also heavy, they can not be shipped via regular parcel, but only as a package. Each country has a different shipping fee for packages, so i’m still trying to figure out how to have them listed.
You can also see how our lovely clients personalized our boxes with lid over here.
!!!As for our letterpress shop, we’re actually preparing some huge news as well as a surprise for the month of February! So stay tuned and find out the news!
The Funky Studio team wishes you, as always, a colorful day!
The small boxes with lid that we already had listed on our etsy shop are definitely our best selling boxes. They are actually usually bought by handmade jewelry crafters and artists, so we’re really excited to have these presentation boxes available in yet another size.
The small boxes with lid have been requested by a lot of people, so we have high hopes for these new ones to achieve the same popularity as their sisters (?).
Here are the technical details for these cute jewelry boxes:
– small boxes with lid, square jewelry boxes, presentation boxes, favor boxes, small gift boxes, party favors or wedding favors. Tip: you can have some traditional white candies wrapped in organza or tulle and then placed inside the boxes, if you’re looking for wedding favors; if you’re looking for baby shower favors, you can have small ceramic figurines wrapped inside that organza or tulle.
– size: 2.95 x 2.95 x 1.18 ” (inches) = 7.5 x 7.5 x 3 cm
– card stock: extra white, grey (white on the inside) or natural brown kraft (white on the inside)
– they come in sets of 20
– these small boxes with lid don’t require any double adhesive tape; you just fold and assemble! The easiest way to assemble a box.
We’ve just listed these small boxes with lid on our etsy shop today, but i feel like they’ll be well received, just like it happened with the other two lidded boxes we have. You can find those here and here.
I keep talking about how well liked the other boxes with lid are and here’s why:
When we decided to take this series of interviews, we knew that for our letterpress items‘ customers, we had to post Femke‘s interview first. We had really just purchased our new Heidelberg Tiegel (that we named Charlotte, as you may have noticed!) and we hadn’t even opened our shop and website when we took on her custom letterpress business cards order. She was our Charlotte’s first customer!
Femke is the artist behind Dutch Origin Design by FEM. She creates unique jewelry, but also paintings and drawings. In order to get to know her and her activity a little better, we managed to steal a bit of her time and had her answer a few questions for us.
1.Tell us something about yourself as a person and also as an artist and a crafter.
Ever since I was a child I have been drawing and painting but I also have a passion for creating jewellery with beads. After high school I moved from the Netherlands to Oxford to study Art & History of Art, but after a while I decided to go “safe” and got a master’s degree in Law. After my graduation I worked for international fashion companies such as O’Neill and Inditex (Zara/Bershka). As I traveled around the world for work, I got inspired by the different cultures and when I moved for personal reasons to Milan I started my own art & jewellery collection Dutch Origin Design by FEM.
2. How did you start your business and how did you choose to create the particular items that you make? How did you first get interested in these fields?
In Milan, I was constantly surrounded by fashion & design and became inspired to explore my ideas for my own collection. With gemstones, which I bought in Indonesia I created my first jewellery and I continued to source for more special & natural beads. This resulted in the launch of my website Dutch Origin Design.com which displays both my art & jewellery collections.
3. Where do you get your inspiration from?
People find it important to differentiate themselves among others with unique pieces of fashion or jewellery. However to find affordable pieces you often depend on the mass production of the fashion industry with little intrinsic value or actual uniqueness. The ambition is to provide people with fashionable jewellery which are unique because of the history of the components and look, but are still affordable. For both my art & jewellery nature plays a key role, natural colors & shapes inspire me to create.
4. What would you say are the main aspects that characterize your work and at the same time differentiate your work from others?
I would describe my paintings as abstract figurative art with harmonious compilation of colours & shapes. For my jewellery I always search for natural materials, handmade and vintage beads which result in one of a kind jewellery. The reason I use natural materials is the enduring beauty, little imperfections which add value and emotion. I prefer to source my materials from little boutiques, family companies and relative small artists. I believe their passion for their products will reflect in the end result.
5. As an artist, crafter and seller, what were the biggest struggles you had to deal with in the past, but also at present?
Finding the right balance between quality and price is subjective. For my own business I don’t have the constant pressure of meeting targets and I can focus on quality and one of a kind items. But the challenge to source unique materials for a reasonable price and not have to fall back on mass production due to price will always exist.
6. What is the accomplishment you’re most proud of regarding your work?
The combination of family life and my own work. To be able to express what’s in my head and hands works well for me. Currently I am working on multiple assignments (mostly paintings) for people who want unique but affordable pieces. The latest assignment was received with such enthusiasm, that it inspires me to continue creating & sharing my designs.
7. What are your plans for the future of your business?
Painting is time consuming but personal rewarding and I hope to be able to focus more on painting assignments going forward.
8. What did you purchase from Funky Box Studio and / or Funky Print Studio?
Printed jewellery boxes , printed hang tags & letterpress printed business cards.
9. How did you come by FBS / FPS? (recommendation, google search, etsy etc.)
I was looking on Etsy for customized (printed) hang tags and jewellery boxes with the right look for my brand. During this ordering process, I asked if FBS was able to print good quality business cards as well. Not knowing that FBS was busy working on the opening of the FPS at that time.
10. Please tell us your general opinion on the purchased items.
Think it’s important that the quality, look and the price is right. The result of all my purchased products is what I wished for. The added value of the letterpress print for my business cards was exactly what I was aiming for.
11. Also, what did you think of your interaction with FBS / FPS from a customer service point of view?
The communication with FBS/FPS was very effective. FBS/FPS listen well to the customer’s “wishes” but give their professional feedback when necessary to achieve the right result. FBS/FPS is in my opinion very reliable for quality and delivery time, it’s important that suppliers don’t make promises they cannot keep.
Even though the following presentation boxes are fairly new on Funky Box Studio, we’re excited to see how successful they are! We’ve already sold a bunch of them and we’re actually preparing to ship a new batch these days.
There are actually quite many people asking for boxes that open upwards! There are also many people asking for large boxes, but with this i’m afraid we’re not able to help. Even though technically they’re doable and we could have them done, there are a bunch of reasons why we don’t take these orders… Oh, but that’s another story for another blog article! For now, let’s check these cute gift boxes out:
So here are the technical details for these cute presentation boxes:
– jewelry boxes, presentation boxes, packaging, gift boxes for small items fitting the sizes of the box, favor boxes, party favors, wedding favors. Tip: for quick and cute wedding favors, just place a bit of tulle inside, then add those delicious traditional white candies and after that just add a ribbon going all the way around the box. Use a ribbon to match your wedding’s theme color!
– size: 3.93 x 2.75 x 0.78 inches = 10 x 7 x 2 cm
– card stock: extra white, grey or natural brown kraft