Dana Pelnika is the artist and designer behind DanaBassotta. We are really honored to be the ones creating the personalized packaging for her unique bow tie necklaces! Without further ado, here’s a glimpse into Dana’s world:
1. Tell us something about yourself as a person and also as an artist and a crafter.
DanaBassotta is a brand created by Dana Pelnika, born in Latvia and currently based between Rome, Riga and Paris.
While accomplishing studies in Academy of Arts of Latvia, Le Arti Orafe Jewellery School in Florence, and École Boule in Paris, Dana developed her personal creative activities as DanaBassotta.
DanaBassotta is specialized in decorative hand engraving on jewelry and different gift items, as well as portrait and landscape engraving.
Adding to hand engraving DanaBassota focuses her activities on silversmithing, custom jewelry and stone setting.
2. How did you start your business and how did you choose to create the particular items that you make? How did you first get interested in these fields and where do you get your inspiration from?
It began as a nostalgic and sentimental fairy tale… Walking through the charming streets of Montmartre in Paris area with my faithful friend, my cute dachshund Rex, I received a valuable flash of inspiration. Le Marché Saint Pierre with its colorful and chaotic stores tapes, fabrics and buttons, enchanted me and so i have decided to create something special, using the magic and charm of those magnificent colors.
3. What would you say are the main aspects that characterize your work and at the same time differentiate your work from others?
DanaBassotta is innovative and at the same time it represents unique and very original timeless classics, which bases its strength in the use of high quality materials and craftsmanship.
4. What are your plans for the future of your business?
The future plans of DanaBassotta are quite big! I would like to expand my business and collaborate with other fashion brands. DanaBassotta already was noticed by some important fashion magazines like GQ UK, GLAMOUR UK, JUTE fashion magazine and others. Besides that creations of DanaBassotta have participated in several photo shootings for the fashion blogs and reviews.
5. What did you purchase from Funky Box Studio and / or Funky Print Studio?
From the Funky Box Studio I purchase the boxes for my bow ties.
6. How did you come by FBS / FPS? (recommendation, google search, etsy etc.)
I found this nice provider occasionally. Was struggling for a while with the ‘’perfect wrapping’’ search for my bow ties. One day going through Etsy I came across Funky Box Studio and I am fully satisfied with their products.
7. What did you think of your interaction with FBS / FPS from a customer service point of view?
I appreciate our collaboration with Funky Box Studio also from the customer service point of view. With them all the client’s ideas are taken in consideration and their replies are very punctual! Funky Box Studio is trying to discuss and offer the best solution for the client also regarding shipping and price. Excellent service!
The Funky Studio team wishes you, as always, a colorful day!