… and the nasty consequences that come along from it. The 10 ways to get rid of depression is an article i kept thinking of writing because of several reasons:
- i think every single person deals with depression at some point in their lives at least once
- even though i keep this blog mostly for the shops and things related to the shops, this problem is somehow related to them as well. If you’ve been hit by depression before, you know how it affects your creativity and will to do any sort of activity at all. Hence they’re related!
- i just got over a couple of days of depression and i decided to do this while it’s still fresh in my mind
- i wanted to continue with lists of my opinions and experiences ever since i wrote “Lessons learned in online selling”. So i decided to take on this type of articles on various topics.
As i was saying, i just got over a couple of days of depression myself. Luckily for me, these episodes are not intense and they don’t last long; but they do happen and it’s frustrating that they affect my spirit, creativity and i just generally don’t feel like doing anything at all. So here are my 10 ways to get rid of depression:
1. Talk to yourself – As weird as it may sound, do talk to yourself. It’s important to work with your own mind and bring it back to a positive track.
2. Laugh – Yes, even if you have to force yourself at first, laugh!
3. Watch comedies – They will definitely get you to No. 2, so watch some comedies you know you enjoyed before.
4. Spend time with friends and family – When being depressed you tend to shut yourself out; don’t! Talking and spending quality time with friends and family can make a huge difference.
5. Read – reading is a way of getting rid of everything around you and escape to a brand new world. It’s definitely always a good idea to use this as a method of getting rid of depression.
6. Make lists – of what you’ve accomplished and your future goals. It gives you a boost of power and you’ll feel pumped up!
7. Take a long bubble bath – i don’t know about you, but bubble baths have always made me smile and feel playful. You should give it a try!
8. Buy flowers – i don’t grow flowers and i’m not particularly fond of flowers; but they have such a calming effect that they need to be on this list.
9. Surround yourself with colorful things – if the flowers have a calming effect, the colorful things on the other hand, make you feel happy!
10. Play with your pet – and if you don’t have a pet, i recommend you get one!
This is it! These are my 10 ways to get rid of depression. What do you do to fight depression?
The Funky Studio team wishes you, as always, a colorful day!